Welcome!

Since February 2008, the TWE program has worked with diverse partners across Lebanon to:
1) Empower women in their communities, to help women improving access to employment and education, and to enable women to support their children in their studies,
2) Develop civil society in peripheral regions by boosting local associations, raising their visibility, and helping them meet the needs of their communities,
3) Create a network of women and NGO’s with a shared commitment to increase their opportunities through learning English.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Meet TWE!


Ghina Hamade is an 18-year-old finishing Sahlat el Muy High School in Hermel. She wants to learn English because “it’s for life generally. Even if I wanted to study in Italy or France I need to pass an English test. My sister speaks French and Italian. I speak neither.” Although Ghina only knew English letters before starting TWE, the class is already making a difference. “I used to not be able to use the internet. Now I can – even for basic things.” 

No comments: