Welcome!

Since February 2008, the TWE program has worked with diverse partners across Lebanon to:
1) Empower women in their communities, to help women improving access to employment and education, and to enable women to support their children in their studies,
2) Develop civil society in peripheral regions by boosting local associations, raising their visibility, and helping them meet the needs of their communities,
3) Create a network of women and NGO’s with a shared commitment to increase their opportunities through learning English.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Meet TWE!


Amal Hushemi is a 46-year-old mother of 4 grown children from Taalabaya. “I wanted to study more after high school, but I got married and had too many responsibilities at home. But now that I’ve been married 26 years, I think I have more time.” Amal stays late to finish her homework and is teaching her husband, too. Amal’s interest in English began on a small scale. “I wanted to be able to send text messages. Now I can send texts to my husband and my brother in Romania.” 

No comments: